Boredom, Exams and Unemployment

>> 19 July 2008

I have been out of school for more than a year now. I earned a degree that promises us to have a bright future abroad and not to mention, an automatic entry to a stampede to acquire a US visa. I'm so freaking bored! I felt the climax of boredom yesterday. I woke up 9.30 in the morning and the day before, I was informed by my IELTS British-accent instructor, Hilda that practice tests are given Monday to Friday from 10am to 12 noon only. But unfortunately, I don't have the enough time to be in the review by 10. Home is 5 km away from the city and I need at least an hour to prepare myself and to commute. So I decided to go to the gym instead and finish all my routines for that day. I hanged out with Adam, a multi-talented, ingenious, burly yet flamboyant classmate since the 5th grade who is an aerobic, hip-hop and belly dancing instructor. If you wan't to cut those flabs out just message me then I'll give you his contact details exclusive for Cagayan de Oro clients only. We end up laughing when gym staff try to pry on us every time we stay at the aerobics room with blinds down. I know what they're thinking but hey we're really that close and blinds were already down before we went in. Sometimes we shut open the door so they won't think something else. I'm too fascinated with the things he shared about his escapades with his lover and flings. We were busy checking out people down Velez Street. People from different walks of life and often he got lots of things to make up about the way they look and of course, their gestures. I feel pity for those guys who passed by the gym. His perspective of the way they walk, the way their lips and mouth open as they talk wont be an excuse. He always looks for queerness. He has a good gaydar. Even the slightest signs won't slip his scanning and 'sniffing' ability. We talked about almost everything until one topic hit me on the heated spot. I remember watching the original theater musical, Sweeney Todd in YouTube, the only full-version musical in the entire site I supposed. I've noticed, it has a prelude. Cats, Phantom of The Opera and Les Miserables has preludes too and preludes are obviously shown or performed at the beginning. The part you call at the ending of a musical, a book or a play is an epilogue or the finale. Don't get confuse with them. :D Going back to the gym, that topic was a prelude of emotional derangement of the entire day. He was ranting about having his third mobile phone in 2 years. Duh! He has two of the best 3G enabled mobile phones and now he's having a problem of choosing his third one? I can't even afford a bottlled water with my meager allowance and he's confused of having a new phone or not? My bodily fluids started to simmer but I was always reminded of dignity and decorum so I lowered the heat down while my right hand was in my pocket, feeling the crack of my 3-year-old phone's housing. I told him that he won't need that and how about an Ipod for himself. He said he won't be needing one and can't even find the slightest reason to buy one. His answer was rather Pecksniffian than sincere. I've always known him to be egocentric, materialistic living creature since grade school so no doubt, he was just trying to cover-up that mere fact. After that ordeal, we went out to visit a friend whose office is just a block away from the gym to claim his poster. My emotions are now controllable compared a few months ago so I went home fine. I started to update my blog and I've been waiting for 2days for the ads to appear I messaged a blog expert who promised to help but unfortunately he was unresponsive for the whole afternoon. My blog is the only alternative I can do to at least earn something for myself to fund my needs and some wants. I must face the fact that I can't work for hours while reviewing for the foreign exams. A rush of depression filled me up. I can't stop reviewing to look for a job. And if I do I have to sacrifice a lot of my time for my personal life. I got no choice but to review and have a good shot on the exams. I don't have the guts to demand much from my parents when I only need a pair of new jeans and a new badminton racket. I went back to the city to meet two close friends from college. One is a prime time DJ of a local radio station the other was indiscernible, neither a man or a woman. Hehe. Probably one of Count Olaf's accomplice. Hehe. We had fun in the booth and dedicated some songs for the heartbroken yet I was still bored and depressed. Later that night, someone special told me the facts of life. Our parents' role is to provide the most basic necessities of living and having our wants is a bonus. It doesn't mean that if we review for an exam in particular, they are obliged to provide our demands, your wants from the fact that you can't get a job because you're reviewing. It's not an excuse. For the students, you may not get what I am trying to say but this might and will happen to you. I had experienced financial hardships in my childhood days and luckily we were able to get out of it with the grace of God. The transition was good. From my boredom and sense of being useless, I have learned the reasons of taking chances. I'm young and can do good for my future. Also, I have learned the importance of spending wisely and money. We don't earn from just sitting down. We work and move a limb.

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP