The Kite Runner

>> 11 July 2008

I was a month old from my newly reactivated, delinquent account of a local video shop somewhere in Divisoria when I came across a lot of nice movies. I got over dues more than 400 bucks from more than 2 years and I'm thinking if I'm going to pay them or not. Inspirational, heart-warming films was my trip last summer and I have rented a lot of feel good movies but this time I want something that will hit me right at my soft spot. For those of you who are living their lives to the fullest, for me, people who are actually dying or coping with something horrible, I recommend, The Kite Runner written by an Afghan author, Khaled Hosseini and directed by award-winning film director Marc Foster. At first I thought it was just another American docu-film or an Indie film but it was produced by Paramount! The plot was during Pre-Soviet Afghanistan in the bustling city of Kabul. It is about 2 boys from different social caste, one was a Pashtun and the other, a Hazara. A story about patching up all the wrong things done in the past. I won't be telling much here OK. I've never expected that Kabul was once a developing and yet peaceful city. It's amazing to know that they experience snow! I often stereotyped Islamic countries to be a land of boundless, scorching deserts well in fact, they're not. The film gave me another point of view on Pre-Taliban Afghanistan. Like other war-afflicted countries, Afghanistan was a beautiful peaceful country. We see what man can do fighting for their ideologies you know. The transition from a democratic to a radical extremist was drastic. Right now, the country is striving for peace and prosperity among all Afghans. I am thinking maybe in the future when things are stable I might visit Kabul and fly kites! :D

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP