Why Dextrocardia?

>> 25 July 2008

I would like to congratulate everyone who made it to the licensure exams specially to my schoolmates, who with their might, spend the wee hours of the morning burying themselves in their textbooks. They've been arguing who will make it to the top 10 but unfortunately not one of my friends made it. No one from the city made it to the top. But I'm still proud of these people. This morning, right after my 6 hour sleep, I immediately log on to the internet to check some updates of this blog. As I open my yahoo messenger, a close friend from Iligan, now who is in London for greener pastures buzzed me. We talked about last night's results released by the professional regulation comission. I told him that I was jumping like a kid having a trip to Disneyland or a teenager having his first brand new sedan but that don't happen here. Rather, a kid excited for his happy meal from McDonald's or a movie fan anxious to see a movie heartthrob. Now that sounds more Third World. I told him I was jumping like a kid when I saw my friends' names on the list and got a sprain on the ankle. I was like running around the hallway to grab a phone to inform my friends that they made it, to tell them that everything was paid off, to tell them that I was praying day and night for their success. I was thinking I might be the first person to inform them but I wasn't. I wanted to be part of their stories of victory. You know, the recognition and all.
After we talked about the passing rates, the top performing schools he asked, 'What's dextrocardia? Why dextrocardia?' It means right-side heart transposition. Normally, the heart is in the left side of the chest. Don't worry this is not a medical posting but rather the reason why I called my blog that way. Everytime we hear about coup d'etats in the news we normally call the conspirators the 'leftist.' They believed that overthrowing a defunct president or a prime minister is the solution for the political and economic instability. Dextrocardia is unique in nature. Why not leftist? It sounds too radical and they might accuse me of treason and that will be a bigger problem. I just want to rant. Talk about anything. Thinking loud, that's all I want to do in my postings. I can't discuss my opinions in front of people. My ideas are so weird and unorthodox that they might poke sharp sticks right through my eyes. I want to die with complete set of eyes of course. Sometimes I just can't take people that much specially in bistro bars and clubs. They're in the flux of suppressed impulses making their animal instinct surface out. The 8 next to it is nothing. I intended to place the no. 8 to pass the name availability test. There are a lot of meanings according to numerology of 8 but I won't buy that. He said that no one can remember the name easily. You read the name through your eyes and vaporizes out to your ears. I just told him that it's too early to be pessimistic. I wanted to tell the whole wide world what runs in my mind, just that.

Post Script: Dan, I know you've been blogging for a year now but you know what, I'm having fun with this piece of innovation. Supportahi na lang ko ui... yes na lang gyud! :D

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP