A Glorious Performance (Satu Persembahan Kegemilangan)

>> 30 October 2008







I'm a fan of Jaclyn Victor. The video above was taken from the first Ikon ASEAN Awards. Anyway, Gemilang means 'glorious' in Malay. It's Jac's trademark song from winning the first Malaysian Idol in 2004. I tried to decipher the exact meaning of it through a free translation site but it gave me a vague meaning of the beautiful song. I asked some help from a Malay friend but he ended up laughing at me coz it's an old song and it talks about nothing but Jac's winning experience of the contest. No one sings crazy like Jaclyn Victor I haven't heard someone from Asia who sings like her. I hope she sings more English songs for the international market I bet she'll make a shot.

Vina Morales bagged the first solo Ikon ASEAN last year along with the Filipino band Kwjan for the Group Ikon ASEAN category. A clean sweep to other contenders around SEA. I'm a bit skeptical why she won the contest but anyway lets thank her for the honor she brought to the Philippines. To give credit to the first Ikon ASEAN winner, below is a video of Vina's winning performance along with stunts and exhibitions. LOL. Mahirap gawin iyan singing while dancing. Sinong hindi mananalo sa ginawa niyang tossing? Hehehe. Mas malaki pa ang braso niya kaysa sa akin. LOL
.
Let's unite ASEAN!


Translate Filipino (Tagalog) to English click here.



2 comments:

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

correction has been made, now it sound much better eheheh...

yea i have to agree that jaclyn victor do sing as if it is a winning and glory :)

but i have to admit i love vina morales ... pangako sayo is beautiful :)

end of the story, they are both good.. they are both ASEAN :)

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Kinerja yang mulia... hahahaha I'm talking about Jac and the title is so Bahasa Indonesia. LOL. Yeah both good in their own craft especially vocal style.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP