Mga Rosas Ni Mama (Mom's Roses)

>> 28 October 2008
































It wasn't the warmth that made me open my eyes but the morning discomfort I felt in my throat. It's 8.30 AM not my standard waking time. Dried up from last night's cold perhaps. I must have drank a little before I went to bed. An immediate relief was all I need. I swung my door open and hurried to the fridge for a drink. Mama was on her office table checking her notes for the day's itinerary and greeted good morning without looking at my grimaced out of bed look. I saw leftovers of yesterday's birthday celebration still untouched yet enticing. Food was not an option. I was hoping to find a pitcher of ice tea but I didn't. Plain water will be fine. I felt the gush of relief as I swallowed the refreshing taste of cool water from the fridge. As dry as the Taklamakan the feeling became as moist as the Orinoco. I went back to my room to check emails. I overheard mama's litany of household chores to ate Bebe, our housemaid whom I dislike when it comes to washing my favorite clothes. I guess she's on her late 30s.

Mama: Baka ma li-late ako mamaya ikaw na bahala sa bahay basta siguraduhing naka lock ang main at back door at syempre yung gate kapag naunang lumabas si kuya (me). Mga sugo ko sa'yo ha... May kanin sa rice cooker at may ulam pa sa ref pwede kang kumuha para sa pananghalian ng pamilya mo (mama talaga mas mabait pa kay Rosa Rosal). Sige aalis na ako.

Mama forgot to knock my window for her goodbye she might thought I went back to sleep. I remained inside my room quiet. No sound of percussions of Sergio Mendes' Encanto played in my playlist but only the soft bubbling of my aquarium aerator can be heard. I was totally unaware of what was going on outside. An hour after, the phone rang and I didn't dare to get out. The back door screen banged, an indication that she was on a hurry not to miss an important call. I heard her loud voice from my room and I wondered who could that be. I waited for the next screen banging, a signal that she resumes her work in the backyard. I went out. The screen was wide open and I saw Poodie wagging his tail at me. I reached him out through my foot and he laid down for his daily dose of attention.

Ate Bebe: Kuya gising kana pala! Nagluto ako ng karne nasa tupperware. At kuya may tumawag kanina na babae at engles ng engles sabi niya long distan daw parang hinahanap si manang (mom).
Me: Sino daw? (Kasabay ng pagtaas ng mga mata ko)
Ate Bebe: Di ko naitanong kasi di ako marunong mag engles sabi ko 'No. No.' Hahahaha
Me: Aaaah.
Ate: Wala akong karapatan mag engles hehehehe kasi di naman ako prepesyonal (ano daw?) tulad ni manang. (defense ni Ate) Hmmm.
Me: Ok.


I'm hungry. Ano'ng ulam natin?
I found chinese luncheon meat swimming in broth. Di pa ako naka rinig ng luncheon meat o ham na sinabawan. Teka di ako magaling mag luto pero alam ko hindi sinasabawan ito. Diyos ko po tulong! No choice. Kinain ko na lang... buti na lang may banana ketchup pa sa ref. I didn't dare to taste the broth (nakakawalan ng gana talaga parang nasa fear factor ako dito).

I need to breathe in fresh air outside.
OH MY GOSH! Atehhhhhh? Anong nangyari sa rosas ni mama??!!%*@ Patay
Ate: Halaka kuya hindi diay pwede ang malathion sa Rosas may uod kasi eh?


HUHUHUHU :-(

Translate Filipino (Tagalog) to English click here

3 comments:

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Wow galing, ang lalaki ng rosas, talgang FLOWER hehe..

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

ataya ana nga katabang oi haha
cath

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

your blog is so good for me to improve my tagalog. its has translation :)

i'm malaysian, but im so pinoy.. PINOY AKO!!! :P

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP